Thursday, May 28, 2009

Can we say a special prayer for Great Grandma?


So last Monday May 18th, I was running around and very tired and had a lot to do, I was talking to Dave on the phone and my mom called in, I answered the line and started babbling to my mom about all of my problems I was having when my sister Kim clicked through on the other line and as soon as I saw it I realized my Grandma had died. This was my last Grandparent alive, she was 91 years old and lived a wonderful life.
We had decided to take the kids up north with us to the funeral. I wasn't sure what to tell Jaidyn or how she was going to react. She knows who Great Grandma is and has met her only a hand full of times because she lived so far north. So we sat Jaidyn down Wednesday evening after dinner and told her that Great Grandma had to go to heaven to be with Jesus and it was a happy thing for her but for us it would be sad and she said "can I go outside now?" Dave & I were laughing so hard, we of course told her she could go outside.

When we got the funeral home I had her take some books but as soon as we walked in the room she said to me:

"Momma, can we say a special prayer for Great Grandma?"


I was very surprised, she actually wanted to go up to the casket, kneel in front of it and say special prayers just like we do at church, it was so amazing. I felt that at three years old she really understood what was happening. She had taken all of the pieces and put them together, us going to church, Great Grandma going to heaven with Jesus and the idea that we should say prayers.
Truly amazing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Children are amazing! Just another sign of the wonderful parents you are- I've been saying special prayers for you!
God Bless!