Monday, December 22, 2008

4 Years

Well it was four years ago today that I went into labor with my twins Winton & Hannah.  Even though it has been 4 years it feels just like yesterday.  I remember the day very well.  I remember feeling like our world was falling apart and it was falling apart.  Most people would have been very excited to head to the hospital to deliver their babies but for us we knew that our babies would be born to early and would not survive.  First Hannah was born and than the next day our son Winton was born.  Hannah was born still and Winton only lived for minutes.  I have never felt this way, it was awful.  Dave and I were devastated.  We watched our dreams shatter right before us.   The pain was unbearable and even after all these years it still hurts just the same.  
This Christmas will be different though.  We have a beautiful 3 year old Jaidyn who is an absolute doll and our sweet baby boy Lincoln that is 2 months old.  Having them makes things easier.  Although it doesn't stop the pain it helps ease it.  Our beautiful babies are our world.  We love them more than anything.  Although we can not change what has happened to us we can continue forward and learn from everything.  We are shaped by our past.  Our twins have helped make us who we are today.  I will never forget Hannah and Winton they will live in our hearts forever.

4 comments:

Mom and Dad Boyle said...

JoAnna and Dave
It doesn't seem like four years have gone by since Winton and Hannah went to be Jesus in Heaven. I was thinking of you today and that very sad night. It not easy to understand why things happen but I'm sure there was a very good reason. I clicked on my email and saw Lincoln's picture and he and Jaiydn together and it made me smile and then I went to your family blog and saw Jaidyn sign Frosty the snow. I could stay up for hours listening to her sing and looking at the beautiful picture of Lincoln. I want you to know how much your Dad and I care about you and your family and that we love you so very much. You and Dave are beautiful parents and may God bless you this Christmas and all the Christmas' to come. Love Mom and Dad Boyle

Marcus'Mom said...

You are an amazing woman and an even more amazing mother...you and Dave are true examples of what God asks of us as parents...

You are both BLESSED...your children are BLESSED...and we are all BLESSED to have you both in our lives...


I love you...

Danielle

Laura said...

I'm remembering your sweet angels my friend! I'm glad that they (along with Andrew) brought us together! I treasure our friendship and am so happy to have you in my life!
On a side note... ok- tell me how you got your blog looking sooooooo cute!!! I need to keep up with the Rainey's now!!!
Hugs,
Laura

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss and know you and Dave are AMAZING people of God and could only go on after this loss with the help of God and your families. I appreciate so much being able to view the pictures and video's. My love and prayers are always with you.....

Aunt Bev