Sunday, August 16, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Every year Dearborn does a homecoming festival the first full weekend of August. As a kid I can remember counting down the days till this event and if it rain I was crushed. Over the years my dad has always gone. I had not been in a few years. When Dave and I first started dating I would take him with me and he hated it! He got to watch me visit with people he had never met before. Than we had kids and it was just always a little hectic with the little ones.
Well this year I decided to come home on my own, sans kids, sans husband.
I had so much fun! I met my sister Kimmy at Howells where we had breakfast and bloody marys. We ended up staying most of the day. I had a surprise visit from a dear old friend Mike Burgess, it was so great to catch up. Sometimes I think about all the time we spent together in highschool and those first few years after highschool and its hard to imagine that we are not that close any more.
After howells Kimmy and I had some dinner and than got ready and headed to homecoming.
Rick Springfield preformed and it was actually really good. I enjoyed myself!
After the homecoming was over Kimmy and I walked up to Cheli's and hung out.
I ran into Mike Coppo, another dear old friend. It was so great, just like old times.
Highschool was one of my favorite times in my life it was fun to go down memory lane again.


What a blast!

No comments: